Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ponies From Heaven

After C's close encounter of the goat kind, I felt it only natural for her next step to be a pony ride. Actually, I felt like I owed it to her after her last animal experience involved her mother whisking her away in a plague-inspired panic.

Until recently, I never knew pony rides existed in L.A., much less in Griffith Park (home to Griffith Observatory, one of its claims to fame, of course, being the part it played in James Dean film "Rebel Without a Cause.") But for $3 per ride, your child can saddle up and pretend she's riding the range.

So, I left the hand sanitizer in the car and let C enjoy her first ride on a sweet little horse I called Sleepy. (He looked as if he were napping every time he got a break from the action. I guess walking around in a circle from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. would make me sleepy, too.)

Ian and I took turns walking around and around with C and Sleepy. As you can see in the above video, she was a fan. A big one. Goats and ponies in the same week? That must be like baby crack.

But it left Ian with one question: Were we there only because of the blog? In other words, would we have gone there had I not had a specific reason to record it? It's a fair and inevitable question, I guess, but we both came to the conclusion that we probably would've taken her there at some point, anyway (she is, after all, still on the young side for getting her horse groove on). But even if it had been the sole reason, it's inspiring us to find new things to share with our child. And that can only be good, we decided.

So is the tail wagging the, er, blog? If it has us riding a new, wider range, we say, wag away.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails