Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No Trick, Only Treat

As Halloween approaches, I thought I'd share what C looked like last year in her first costume.

Actually, I should be specific and say her first Halloween costume. (Let's just say Ian has gotten creative with our little C, and I haven't yet mustered the courage to post those photos online.)

Thanks to my cousin Christy, C got to wear this adorable dragonfly outfit that her cousins had worn before her.

I have to say, it's pretty fun to dress up your baby. When I learned I was pregnant, and particularly when I learned I was having a girl, I got so thrilled at the thought of dressing my little one in anything I wanted -- without protest.

I know those days are numbered, so I have to relish photos like this, where she looks totally resigned (a slave to her mother's dress-up dictates), but still the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

Looking at it for too long, I start to notice a wry expression, a little gleam in her baby eye telling me she knows that I know those days are numbered, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails