Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mars is on toddler's radar


The other night when I brought CC home from daycare, she looked up at the dark sky, pointed and said, "Stars!" Actually it sounded more like "Shtars!" (Must be the German in her.)

She looked at me and smiled, looked back at the sky and said, "Mooooooon!"

"Moon," I said. "Right."

Then she looked up for a third time, pointed southeast very definitively and said, "Mars!"

Wow, I thought. Look at my Baby Einstein. Yes, I know what you're thinking. I'm sure she just conflated the two words: Stars/shtars + moon = Mars. But I'd like to think she's now busy trying to translate e=mc2 to her mother in layman's terms.

Or maybe just thinking about her first full sentence: My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nachos. (Sorry, Pluto. Apparently "dwarf planets" don't count anymore.)

Photo credit: © Florent DIE - Fotolia.com

1 comment:

Little Gray Pixel said...

I'm still a little sad about Pluto. :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails