Friday, April 10, 2009

Bedtime has a new act ... the duet

I've been singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to C every night as the last step in the bedtime routine for her entire little life.

Last night, she sang along with me for the first time. It was the most amazing thing. For some reason, I hadn't ever expected that ... or even that she was retaining the words. All this time, it always seemed to just signal bedtime, and her eyes would get sleepier and she'd lean toward her bed as I held her.

But last night, she just smiled up at me as she sang some of the words. Star! Are! High! Sky! And at the end, she wanted more. We sang it three times before she allowed me to put her in bed.

What a moment. I'll try to get audio next time.


Photo credit: Atropat - Fotolia.com

2 comments:

Pokie said...

Uh oh, she's smarter than you. Sounds like a new stall tactic to me! :) Granted, one I want to see!!!

L.A. Story said...

Ha! Smart move, kid. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails