Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Goodbye, Variety

I know this isn't "mom blog" specific, but it's definitely part of my L.A. Story -- and by extension, C's. Today I was laid off at Variety after having worked there since November 2004.

I've made some amazing friends there, and they have been a true source of encouragement and support through the years. It's hard to leave a place that was your constant during an engagement, turning 30, marriage, a baby and the birth of this blog. It was also the place that finally made me feel at home in Los Angeles after having moved from New York.

Thank you to those friends, and I wish you only the best. It was a good run.

Now for the next step.

7 comments:

Florinda said...

I heard about the layoffs at Veriety on the news yesterday, and I wondered about you. I'm sorry to hear that you were one of them, Laura. Good luck with whatever comes next.

L.A. Story said...

Thanks so much, Florinda. I appreciate it. Looking forward to the next step.

April said...

I'm sorry to hear it, and wishing you the best...

L.A. Story said...

Thanks so much, April. It means a lot.

Pokie said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hear DFW is a great place to live (hint, hint). I even have two empty bedrooms! But seriously, with your talents you will definitely find something else!

L.A. Story said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Barbara. And are you still trying to turn me into a Texan? :)

Pokie said...

Of course! A girl can dream can't she?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails