Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Madeline Alice Spohr

One of my fellow LA Moms bloggers, Heather, lost her daughter today, and I can't imagine the heartache. Her name was Madeline Alice Spohr (pictured), and her mom's blog is the cute The Spohrs Are Multiplying.

Her parents, Heather and Mike, ask that you don't send flowers. Instead, if you'd like, please make a donation to the March of Dimes in memory of Madeline. (There's a badge to the left of this post.)

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Spohr family.

Like many parents, I've knocked wood until my knuckles bled. Prayed until my knees hurt. And, yes, I take it for granted in some ways. Every day.

These are the moments when you realize that there's nothing to take for granted.

UPDATE: The Los Angeles Times has the story: "Death of blogger mom's daughter prompts outpouring from Internet community"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails