Maybe Oklahoma makes me sappy.
But maybe I'm just a sucker for a really amazing friend -- one I've known for 20(!) years. My friend Barbara, who blogs over at Mile After Mile, drove up from Fort Worth, Texas, last week to help me out while my mom was in the hospital.
Not only did she do this without a second thought, but she also had driven up the weekend before and offered to drive the three-plus hours the weekend after. Whew!
So what are friends for? Let's see:
1. They're for crossing state lines to sit in a hospital waiting room for hours without even a magazine.
2. They're for doubling as a toddler bed, making almost every extremity go numb.
3. They're for capturing your daughter's adorable smile in a pic. (I always seem to catch her as she's about to turn her head.)
4. They're also for taking your Energizer Bunny of a child for a walk around the hospital ... and teaching her to stop and smell the roses.
5. And, perhaps best of all, friends are for catching our favorite word on tape to ensure future embarrassment!
Thank you, Barbara! You rock!