Friday, June 26, 2009

How I spent my first "real" day of summer


I know, I know. The official season opener arrived on calendars across the country last Sunday, but it's not until I catch that first scent of chlorine and feel that jarring splash of cold pool water that I can personally confirm that summer -- in all its glory -- has officially begun.

This afternoon, CC and I met Pat of Eating L.A. fame in South Pasadena to try out their pool ... and the high school (aka SouthPas) track.

CC had a great time. Not only did she practice navigating the stairs leading down into the actual pool, she also tested the lifeguard's patience as she leaped off of said stairs into her mother's or Pat's arms. Needless to say, there was lots of lifeguard bullhorn usage.

After we left the pool, we walked next door to the high school track and just let CC run. And run. And she kinda got stuck in the soccer goal. (Adding new meaning to the phrase "Nothing but net.") Wide open spaces for CC are like donuts for her mom: Worth the obstacles and totally priceless.

And once we got home, she sacked out for three hours.

Oh yes, summer is here.

2 comments:

Pat Saperstein said...

I bet you were ready for a nap too! Glad you guys could come by.

L.A. Story said...

We had a great time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails