Monday, June 1, 2009

We heart Oklahoma


We are officially back from our trip to the state formerly known as Indian Territory.

Happy to report that my mom is recovering amazingly well after heart surgery. I am truly floored both by what the human body can endure as well as how quickly it can heal itself.

Now, don't get me wrong. She's not busting any moves post-ICU (why did an image of Jennifer Lopez on "In Living Color" just pop into my head?) Yeah, none of that. But she is walking around and will be discharged very soon.

Yay Mom!

I also have to give a shout out to the rest of my family. They have been so supportive and incredibly helpful through all of this ... and continue to be.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Photo credit: © Pontus Edenberg - Fotolia.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails