Thursday, September 24, 2009

LA Moms Blog: Is every parent this terrified?

Please check out my latest L.A. Moms Blog post, "Is every parent this terrified?"

This topic has been on my mind a lot this summer, as I've read news story upon news story about young girls/women -- all from California -- being accosted or worse. I usually avoid subjects like this, but this time it struck a nerve.

I find that fear is something I've had to come to terms with as a parent. I think it must be something you just learn to live with the moment you realize you're responsible for another human being.

2 comments:

Pat Saperstein said...

Some of the parents who knew Lily Burk are planning a series of safety seminars for young women on awareness, self defense, etc. But in general, I think it's best to basically ignore most of these stories. One happened 18 years ago. One was committed by someone who knew the Yale employee and worked with her. There's no common thread. As far as I can find, there has been little increase in stranger abductions in many years. Be aware, but don't live life terrified.

L.A. Story said...

Thanks, Pat. Good points all around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails