Monday, February 15, 2010

Plush Beauty Bar: A Treat for Moms

As I've written before, it's rare that I get the chance to indulge in a mani/pedi. When I'm not working -- teaching my journalism class or writing on the computer -- it's usually all CC all the time.

So when I heard about the just-opened Plush Beauty Bar for Moms at Santa Monica and Fairfax, it didn't take long -- less than 24 hours, actually -- for me to make an appointment.

That's because Plush welcomes children in their new space, offering toys, videos, emergency diapers and even a changing table in the restroom. Not only that, but they only work with low-fume, low-toxic products -- and no acrylics -- so you don't feel as if you're suffocating or destroying your child's brain cells while getting a little break for yourself.

Co-founder Jennifer Paige, an Aveda-trained esthetician, was super-friendly and incredibly patient as CC tried out every toy, asked her to play and moved in and out of the enclosed play space multiple times.

The mani/pedi itself, complete with complimentary tea, was a nice respite from the constant running around that comes with parenting. The staff is also friendly and actually enjoys children.

(I can't tell you how many times I've gotten the requisite dirty looks or even nasty comments for bringing my toddler out in public. It's really frustrating and disheartening when people have zero compassion for already-frazzled parents.)

So it was great to find a place that encourages moms to feel comfortable while indulging a little. CC could play or even sit by me if she wanted, and I didn't have to worry about defending myself for not hiring a babysitter for a couple of hours.

That's worth a lot, and we'll definitely be going back.

Plush Beauty Bar for Moms
7879 Santa Monica Blvd. (next to Whole Foods)
West Hollywood, CA 90046
323-656-0030

Photo courtesy of Plush Beauty Bar for Moms. (I brought my camera, but my memory card was at home. Hello, mom brain.)

3 comments:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey that sounds pretty cool!

L.A. Story said...

Definitely a must-do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails