Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Alison Sweeney Talks Crest, Feeding America and Being an L.A. Mom

Actress and mom Alison Sweeney at Hollywood & Highland
(Photo by Michael Bezjian for Crest Pro-Health Sensitive Shield).


Alison Sweeney, actress ("Days of Our Lives") and host of NBC's "The Biggest Loser," is busy this summer.

In addition to working on the weight-loss reality show, this Los Angeles mom of two is also partnering with Crest Pro-Health Sensitive Shield toothpaste and domestic hunger-relief charity Feeding America to kick off the "Summer of Sensitivity."

Sweeney is supporting Crest parent company P&G, as it plans to donate 10 cents to the charity for every tube of Crest Pro-Health sold between July 1 and Sept. 1 (with a guaranteed minimum donation of $100,000, according to Crest) to help feed those in need around the country.

I wanted to catch Sweeney when she was at Hollywood & Highland a couple of weeks ago, but thanks to L.A. traffic, I missed her. Boo.

Fortunately, I caught up with her via email for a little Q&A:

L.A. Story: What inspired you to team up with Crest and Feeding America for the Summer of Sensitivity?

Alison Sweeney: I'm thrilled to be on the Entertainment Council of Feeding America. Hunger is a growing problem in this country, and when Crest suggested such a fabulous opportunity, to raise money & awareness for Feeding America, I was so proud to be a part of it. The idea is that, with the launch of Crest's new Pro Health Sensitive Shield toothpaste, we need to focus on our sensitivity this summer. Every time you buy Sensitive Shield toothpaste before Sept 1st, Crest will donate $.10 to Feeding America. They've promised at least a $100,000 donation!!!

L.A. Story: As a mom working on lots of projects, how do you balance work and motherhood?

Alison Sweeney: It is so difficult to balance everything and not feel like something is bound to get the short end of the stick. Believe me, I'm always weighing out my choices trying to make sure my career gets my attention, and that when I'm with my kids, they have my attention. And ultimately, that's the best we can do! I work hard all day, and focus on my shows when I'm there, or my development projects when I'm there, but when I'm with my family, I put the BlackBerry down, and give them my attention.

L.A. Story: Where do you like to take your kids to entertain them in the city? Do you have fun recommendations for places to go with the little ones?

Alison Sweeney: I love taking them to places that will challenge their imagination, like the La Brea Tar Pits, the Natural History Museum ... There are also great kids' indoor places that can make it easy for moms, like the TreeHouse on Robertson.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails