Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Well, friends, the dreaded "Carmageddon" is coming this weekend. And it seems as if anyone who lives within honking distance of the 405 freeway -- which, for the uninitiated or those in denial, will be closed July 16-18 from the 10 to the 101 freeways -- is hunkering down.
However, there are several Los Angeles businesses that are greeting the closure with fun rather than fear.
Check out these "Carmageddon" escape plans:
* SLS at Beverly Hills "405 Staycation" Packages
- If you're looking for a luxe vacation at home in L.A., the SLS is offering room packages for 1 night's stay, breakfast for 2 at Tres, complimentary valet parking and a complimentary bag of SLS cookies for the ride home for $405. (Regular price: $500+).
- 30-minute scalp, neck and shoulder massage at Ciel Spa, complete with Ciel Spa CD, for $59. (Regular price: $65+); the 15-minute package is $40.50. (Clever price on the last one.)
* Westfield Culver City "Tailgate Party"
On July 16-17 from 12 p.m.-5 p.m., the Westfield Culver City mall is hosting a "tailgate party," complete with games, free snacks and store discounts.
* JetBlue "Flyover" from Long Beach to Burbank for $4
According to the L.A. Times, JetBlue Airlines is giving commuters the option of just flying over the 405 altogether -- literally. And for just $4. The offer is good on July 16 only.
Whatever your plans, good luck and be safe!