UPDATE: Congrats to Jessica T., who won the trio of Lawry's seasonings! Please email me at email@example.com with your address, and I'll make sure they're sent your way. Thanks again to everyone who participated.
It's prime summer vacation time, and that usually means road trips, plane rides or picnics at the park. (Or, sometimes, all of the above.) What's always important, though -- no matter where you go -- is to have food available for hungry travelers.
That's why I was more than happy to meet up with some fellow mom-blogger friends (in my case, virtually, via Twitter) for a tasty get-together, featuring Lawry's marinades and seasoned salt.
Our mission: Team up to create three recipes that would be perfect for "on the go" activities.
Because we're competing with several other teams for additional prizes, we really stepped it up when it came to our recipes -- Polynesian & "Your Signature" Sliders, Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad and Mexican Potato Salad!
I'm also giving away a trio of Lawry's items:
* 16 oz. Seasoned Salt
* Balsamic Herb Marinade
* Seasoned Salt Marinade
Check out how to enter after the recipes.
Made by L.A. Story (Mommy of a Monster used Lawry's recipe for "Your Signature" Sliders -- not pictured.)
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/2 cup Lawry’s Teriyaki Marinade With Pineapple Juice, divided
* 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
* 4 pineapple slices
* Lettuce leaves (as needed)
* 10 mini hamburger rolls, toasted
1. Mix ground beef, 1/4 cup of the marinade and red bell pepper in medium bowl until well blended. Shape into 10 rounded slider patties.
2. Broil or grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until sliders are cooked through (internal temperature reaches 160°F). Meanwhile, broil or grill pineapple slices 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Brush sliders and pineapple slices with remaining 1/4 cup marinade while cooking.
3. Serve sliders on toasted rolls with pineapple slices and lettuce leaves.
* 2 lbs. of boneless chicken breast.
* 1 cup of Lawry’s Ginger Sesame Marinade.
* 1 pack of your favorite fresh Green Salad
* 1 fruit cup of Mandarin Oranges
* Whole Baby tomatoes to taste
* Slivered Almonds to taste
* 1/4 cup of Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing
* Shredded Carrots to taste
In a resealable plastic bag, marinated chicken in Lawry’s Ginger Sesame Marinade in the refrigerator for 30 mins. Then cook on grill. Once cooked, slice chicken into cubes and add to fresh greens. Top with mandarin orange slices, whole baby tomatoes, shredded carrots, slivered almonds and top with your favorite Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing.
* 5 lbs. of Potatoes
* 1 package of Chorizo, cooked and drain from oil
* 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped (separated some for toppings)
* 10 hard boiled eggs, chopped
* 1 finely chopped onion
* 1/2 cup of mayo
* Lawry’s Seasoned Salt to taste.
* Pepper to taste
Peel and chop (into small sized cubes) potatoes and boil in water for about 15 mins. I added a teaspoon of Lawry’s Seasoned salt to add a tiny bit of flavor. Once boiled, drain and place potatoes to cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour. In a mixing bowl, combine cooled potatoes, mayo, eggs, cilantro, chorizo, onions and mix till all ingredients are well mixed. Add Lawry’s Seasoned Salt to taste.
*** GIVEAWAY ***
I'm giving away a package of Lawry's 16 oz. Seasoned Salt, Balsamic Herb Marinade and Seasoned Salt Marinade.
To enter, leave a comment below telling me your favorite Lawry's marinade OR your favorite "on the go" recipe. (You also must be a U.S. resident.)
For more chances to win, follow me on Twitter and retweet this giveaway. I'm at @la_story. Or you can "Like" the L.A. Story Facebook page.
Just be sure to leave extra comments telling me you did so.
Good luck, and I will announce the winner (on this post, not a separate one) on Thursday, August 18!
(Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, for which I was compensated. In partnership with The Motherhood, Lawry's provided me with seasoned salt, marinades and ingredients to make my recipe, along with a stipend.)