Friday, October 21, 2011
I love scouring the Internet for cool finds. There are so many amazing websites and small retailers out there, and I'd like to share some of my discoveries. So I'm starting this new feature called Friday Finds, and I'll link to family-friendly items, stories or events that I've found particularly enchanting.
* Take, for instance, the above poster by Christian Jackson. It's one in a series of classic fairy tales reinterpreted from a minimalist perspective. (Hat tip: Cup of Jo) He's also a working dad and has a clever infographic about the challenges that come with that role.
* How awesome are these DIY mini piñatas?
* These would be an adorable addition to a baby's room.
* Do you dress up to drop off your kids at school?
* Get ready for The Nightmare Before Christmas!
* Check out this family festival to celebrate L.A.-centric Pacific Standard Time exhibits.
* As National Anti-Bullying month continues, kids can take a peek at a special episode of "The Adventures of Chuck & Friends" on The Hub (Monday, Oct. 24, 7:30am PT) that shows tykes a way to deal with bullies.