Thursday, March 15, 2012

CC Rocks Listerine Oral Care Challenge! *Sponsored*



The challenge is over. The results are in. And the winner of our family's Listerine and Reach Healthy Habits for a Lifetime Oral Care Challenge is ... (drum roll, please!) CC!

I have to say, I've been really proud of my 5-year-old, who flossed, brushed and rinsed twice a day, every day for three weeks! Her mom and dad? Well, I might have missed a night or two of flossing, truth be told. CC, though? Not one, and she's still going -- although I've since made flossing a once-a-day commitment for her.

As I wrote in my previous Oral Care post, I was floored by studies that showed how brushing misses 75% of the particles and germs in your mouth. Also, that 50% of children ages 5-9 have a cavity or need a filling.

CC loves the calendar!
What worked for us were a few things. First, the variety of Smart Rinses and toothbrushes, courtesy of Listerine and Reach, really made it fun for CC. (Especially, as you can see in the above video, because she gets to play Eenie, Meeney, Miney, Moe.) Also, the calendar with reward stickers became a nighttime routine that CC loved. She looked forward to placing one more sticker on the chart. (Not only that, but she also got to brush up, so to speak, on her days of the week!)

As for me, I preferred the Listerine Total Care Zero mouthwash to the regular version. The rinse wasn't as harsh because it contains no alcohol. And, believe it or not, flossing did get easier. It became a routine and also felt less harsh on my teeth.

But more than anything, I'm most proud of my little girl. Now flossing, brushing and rinsing are part of her little routine. She even reminds me about it! And starting this early really helps with developing great habits over her lifetime.

(Disclosure: I received products and compensation from Johnson & Johnson and The Motherhood as part of my participation in the Oral Care Challenge. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post, however, are my own.)

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

I might have missed a night or two of flossing, truth be told. CC, though? Not one, and she's still going -- although I've since made flossing a once-a-day commitment for her. KeepDentistAway.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails