Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Coming Attraction: Los Angeles Times Festival of Books


This is one of my favorite times of the year -- when the annual Los Angeles Times Festival of Books arrives on a gorgeously sunny and sprawling L.A. campus.

This weekend, April 21-22, the event will be held for the second year in a row at USC. As usual, there will be tons of author panels, publisher booths and the always-awesome Target Children's Stage, featuring authors Jeff Kinney ("Diary of a Wimpy Kid") and Julie Andrews ("The Very Fairy Princess") and musical group The Squeegees, among others.

Last year, I had the chance to interview author Dallas Clayton and the kids from "Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer." The year before that, CC and I hung out with the Fresh Beat Band backstage.

And speaking of "My Little Pony," on Sunday, April 22 at 1 p.m., the festival will screen the episode "Read It and Weep" from "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic." Not only that, but Tara Strong (voice of Twilight Sparkle) and showrunner Meghan McCarthy will participate in a Q&A. I also hear there will be giveaway items at the panel, too.

Hope to see you there!

Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
April 21 (10 a.m.-6 p.m.) - April 22 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.)
University of Southern California campus
Exposition Boulevard and S. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90089
General Admission: Free
Parking: $10

2 comments:

solutions said...

This is the best website of world and this is the best but where can I read desi kahani I mean desi kahani

Cheap flights to Los Angeles said...

I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails