Thursday, September 12, 2013

Palm Springs, Baby!

The Saguaro hotel in Palm Springs
Let me start off by saying, "Finally!" We've lived in Los Angeles for 11+ years, had at least one child for almost 7 of those years, and last weekend we finally headed to that desert oasis Palm Springs.

I didn't really know what to expect. I'd heard mostly that it's "hot" and a place to "shut. it. down," and I wondered if I'd just be begging to stay inside where it was air-conditioned.

Turns out we found a fun, retro hotel called The Saguaro. (Thanks for the tip, A Cup of Jo!) It was super colorful and sat what felt like at the bottom of a huge deserty mountain. We had a ground floor patio room, which featured a natural "wall" of greenery that led directly out to the pool and bocce court.

Baby Will even tried to make a break for it!

Baby Will, trying to ditch his parents and go to the pool.
While it was hot -- 100+ degrees F, but a dry heat, as they say -- it was also overcast the first day, which made it perfect for the pool. On Saturday, the sun beat down quite a bit, which made the pool even nicer.

The pool was actually more crowded on Saturday, and there was a little boy (a 3rd grader!) who kept hanging around, especially when CC was hanging onto me. Apparently, I learned at dinner that night, he had a little crush on my little girl. (eek.)

"He wanted me to be his girlfriend," CC said with a flattered smirk.

Of course. In Palm Springs. (I have a feeling that this is only the beginning. Double eek.)

Anyway (changing the subject), it was such a short trip but not very far -- only 2 1/2 hours, which is nice. We'll definitely have to go back to catch a glimpse of Forever Marilyn and the dinosaurs.

The Saguaro
1800 E. Palm Canyon Dr.
Palm Springs, CA 92264

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails