Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Coming Attraction: L.A. Zoo Lights Shine for Holidays

Photo courtesy of the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association
I love, love, love Christmas lights! When I was younger, I used to beg my parents to drive through countless neighborhoods on the seemingly countless days that led up to Christmas, just to look at the sometimes over-the-top light displays in people's yards.

Something about it -- like Christmas trees, hot chocolate and ice skating -- stirred up that otherwise dormant holiday spirit, and I was ready for Santa, presents and desserts (well, actually, that's every day of the year for me).

So I was excited to hear that the Los Angeles Zoo would be kicking off its inaugural light display, LA Zoo Lights, which will feature lasers, 3D projections and interactive sets in addition to the lights themselves.

From November 28-January 4, with the exception of December 24 and 25, these fabulous lights will be on display.

Grab the kiddos and head over! I know we will.

It's especially exciting because LADWP hosted an amazing light show for years in Griffith Park that unfortunately ended in 2009. Luckily, Ian and I got to take CC to see it, but I'm happy that Griffith Park will have lights to showcase once again. This time, Will can see them, too!

LA Zoo Lights
November 28-January 4 (except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day)
Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens
5333 Zoo Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Tickets: Adults ($13); Kids 2-12 ($11)
Early Bird Discount: Purchase tickets online to attend during the first two weeks (November 28-December 11) for the online-only Early Bird Rate of $8 each.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails