Monday, June 15, 2009

Scoops serves us cookies for a cause

Am I wrong to have taken my daughter to Scoops after she had gotten on the wrong side of the mommy law? After all, the trip to the gelato shop was more for me -- and to help fight childhood hunger at their third annual No Cookie Left Behind Bake Sale.

Honestly, my child is an equal-opportunity eater, and would have carrots as quickly as she would eat ice cream. Yes, she's mine. Yeah, I'm sure.

Like I said, the trip was also for a good cause. I was able to mount a two-pronged attack on childhood hunger in the U.S. One, of course, was picking up lemon squares, er, rectangles and a coconut cupcake to share with my own tyke. (CC nibbled on the cupcake but turned up her nose at the lemony goodness. Yes, she's mine.)

Secondly, we were able to make a small contribution to Share Our Strength, a national organization that partners with communities and food programs to provide nutritious meals to at-risk kids.

If you weren't able to make it to Scoops yesterday, you can also make a contribution here to Share Our Strength's Great American Bake Sale.

Scoops
712 N. Heliotrope Drive
Hollywood, CA 90029

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails