Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Electronic Arts hosts Winter Wonderland

I might be feeding a potential obsession for my daughter. You guessed it -- the video game.

Last week, Ian, CC and I headed over to Electronic Arts' HQ in Playa Vista to visit their Winter Wonderland of new game demos.

If I were still a teen or even a tween, I might never have left. (Let's just say there are many hours of my life I can't get back after being sucked into "Super Mario Bros." and "The Legend of Zelda.") Luckily, at almost 3, CC has more will power.

Don't get me wrong. She had her two faves -- "Littlest Pet Shop Friends," which allows players to create adorable, wide-eyed pets and play games with them; and, somewhat surprisingly, "Boom Blox Bash Party," developed in collaboration with Steven Spielberg. Yeah, that one.

While tween boys took turns destroying blocks with their Wii controllers, CC stood by, rapt with attention. Could her inner toddler destroyer relate closely to "Boom Blox"?

It was cute to watch her hangin' with the big boys. But it was even cuter watching her play near the waterfall of the EA plaza as the sun set over the nearby ocean.

Even though there was a party inside, she was doing what toddlers do best -- running around outside, in the brisk November air, oblivious to her natural baby charm.

2 comments:

Pokie said...

Oh no. I feel responsible. I'm going out on a limb here - did you play those games at my house?

L.A. Story said...

Ha! At your house. At my house. I *loved* those games! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails