Friday, December 16, 2011

It's Not Christmas Until Someone Loses a Gingerbread Toe

CC about to break open her Gingerbread Man Kit.
Sometimes I really have to pat myself on the back. Last month -- even before Thanksgiving! -- we were at Trader Joe's, and I had the foresight to buy not only an Advent Calendar but also a Gingerbread Man Kit, both for a song.
While I've seen plenty of calendars since my lucky visit, I haven't seen even a crumb of a gingerbread man. Go Mom!

CC had lots of fun spending some time last Saturday afternoon working on her Gingerbread Girl. All of the ingredients were included, and she was able to use her imagination when it came to design.


Of course, once she was done, it was all about the eating. Poor Gingerbread Girl didn't have a chance.

"I want her head!" CC screamed as she bent poor GG's noggin forward. "I'll bite her toe!" she added.

What had I created? (No wonder GG's face looks a bit troubled in the above pic.) Maybe next year, we'll go back to the relatively benign gingerbread house. No bodily injuries can be associated with that one.

2 comments:

bernbabybern said...

I love it! Gingerbread girl bites the dust. I hope you and the family are doing well.

L.A. Story said...

Thanks so much, Bernadette! Hope your family is doing well, too. Can't wait to see your baby. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails