Sunday, November 16, 2008

How would Don Draper sell Motrin to moms?



Moms all over the blogosphere are buzzing about the above Motrin ad that hit the airwaves this weekend.

It basically says that "babywearing" makes you look like an "official mom," but it's also a real pain in the, uh, back. Enter Motrin. Not only that, but the last line is: "And if I look tired and crazy, people will understand why."

I'm guessing moms aren't crazy about being called tired and crazy. Although, I'll admit I looked none too sexpot those first couple of months carrying C in her Baby Bjorn.

But I think the real question is: How much better would Mad Men's Don Draper have sold it?

And can that pitch please be a follow-up to Saturday Night Live's hula-hoop skit with Jon Hamm?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails