Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Diapers are always funny when strangers are involved

Yes, this is my daughter with a Huggies Pull-Up on her head. In public. At a restaurant -- Saladang Song in Pasadena, to be exact.

As much as I love this photo -- it captures her attitude about the whole thing perfectly -- I regret not snapping a pic while she was peering out at me through one of the leg holes. That would've been a keeper.

I post this only to let other parents out there know that I am now part of that elite club of mortified yet sanguine adults who watches as their child digs into that lead weight of a diaper bag you drag around everywhere, finds a perfectly clean Pull-Up, has the inspiration to don it as head gear, laughs at you through one of the openings where an appendage should be, and then revels in a victory dance that involves random strangers who had hoped to enjoy a quiet meal.

And your only thought while all of this is happening: Thank God she's not screaming!

I know you know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails