UPDATE: Congrats to yellowismyfavorite, who won the 2 tickets to the REDCAT International Children's Film Festival! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and email address to claim tickets. Congrats again, and thanks to all who commented!
The sixth annual REDCAT International Children's Film Festival will continue its four-weekend run this Saturday and Sunday, and I'm giving away a pair of tickets for any of the upcoming 12 p.m. screenings (more info below).
CC and I have had a great time this year and last venturing downtown to the Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater in the Walt Disney Concert Hall complex to check out children's films from all over the world. In fact, we're planning to head back once more before the festival ends on April 17.
According to the catalog, here's what audiences can look forward to in the remaining weeks:
* Saturday, April 9 (12 p.m.): Joe Chang and Friends -- This round-up from China is curated by acclaimed animator, teacher and artist Joe Chang, and shines a spotlight on some of China's best and brightest animators. (Ages 7 and up; 53 min.)
* Sunday, April 10 (12 p.m.): Tally Ho: Films That Fly High -- Take a magic carpet ride around the world with animated films that are fast-paced, funny and full of adventure. (All ages; 76 min.)
* Sunday, April 10 (1:30 p.m.): Indigenous Showcase -- This program curated by Tracy Rector of Longhouse Media is a journey of discovery and celebration, spotlighting emerging talents from indigenous communities around the world. (Ages 9 and up; 55 min.)
* Saturday, April 16 (12 p.m.): Into the Woods and Under the Sea -- This environmentally conscious program includes a magical melange of feathered, furry and finned creatures. (Ages 7 and up; 82 min.)
* Saturday, April 16 (1:30 p.m.): Round the World and Home Again -- Take a whirlwind trip to find out about the plans, schemes and dreams of reel-life kids in seven different countries. (Ages 8 and up; 60 min.)
* Saturday, April 16 (3 p.m.): Joe Chang and Friends -- See above description.
* Sunday, April 17 (12 p.m.): All Creatures Great and Small -- Savor this sweet treat -- a selection of short films (including "Blue Elephant," from Taiwan, pictured above) filled with cuddly animals, sweet music and gentle stories. (Ages 3 and up; 61 min.)
* Sunday, April 17 (1:30 p.m.): Legends Come Alive -- We've searched the globe to put the spark in this cinematic campfire of tall tales and fantastic fables. (Ages 7 and up; 64 min.)
* Sunday, April 17 (3 p.m.): Family Matters -- Families make the world go round in this collection of short films. You'll come away with a new appreciation for what makes your own family tick. (Ages 9 and up; 69 min.)
*** GIVEAWAY ***
I'm giving away a pair of tickets ($10 value) for any 12 p.m. screening on the remaining dates of the festival.
To enter, leave a comment below telling me which screening most interests you and/or your kids.
For more chances to win, follow me on Twitter. I'm at @la_story. Or you can "Like" the L.A. Story Facebook page.
Just be sure to leave extra comments telling me you did so.
Good luck, and I'll announce the winner on this post (not a separate one) Friday, April 8 at 10 a.m.
REDCAT International Children's Film Festival
631 W. 2nd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Tickets: $5 per person