|Lisa Lillien (aka Hungry Girl) and I enjoy Dunkin' Donuts coffee.|
First off, I love donuts (as you may know) and I love coffee, so when Dunkin' Donuts invited me to taste their new Bakery Series flavored coffee line, let's just say they didn't have to twist my arm.
When I found out that Hungry Girl creator Lisa Lillien was also on board, I was even more in—if that's possible.
A few other bloggers and I met up at Hungry Girl HQ in LA and tasted coffee flavors, including Apple Pie, Blueberry Muffin and Glazed Chocolate Donut. Yes, you heard that right.
To be honest, I wasn't sure how I'd like mixing fruit flavors with coffee, but I was especially surprised by the Blueberry Muffin flavor, which was doubly good with milk and sugar. Yum. It really tasted as if I'd taken a bite of muffin and a sip of coffee at the same time.
While we were there, Hungry Girl shared some fun (and low-calorie!) recipes for yummy coffee drinks.
Here's my favorite. Enjoy!
Hungry Girl's Turtle Donut Blended Coffee
- 1 tbsp. sugar-free French vanilla powdered creamer
- 1 no-calorie sweetener packet
- 6 oz. prepared and chilled Dunkin Donuts® Chocolate Glazed Donut
- 1 tbsp. sugar-free calorie-free caramel syrup (like the kind by Torani)
- 1 1/2 cup crushed ice or 8 - 12 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup fat-free whipped topping (from a can, not a tub)
- 1 tsp. Smucker's ® Caramel Sugar Free Sundae Syrup
- 1 tsp. crushed pecans
- In a tall glass, combine creamer with sweetener. Add 2 tbsp. hot water, and stir to dissolve.
- Transfer mixture to a blender. Add chilled coffee, calorie-free caramel syrup, and ice. Blend at high speed until smooth.
- Pour and top with whipped topping. Drizzle with caramel sundae syrup, and sprinkle with pecans!
Entire recipe: 75 calories, 4g fat, 35mg sodium, 9.5g carbs, 1g sugars