Wednesday, February 18, 2009

If a tree falls in Inglewood, kids, run! Fast!


Yesterday my friend Kathy from work (who blogs at Variety.com's Season Pass) gave me a City of Inglewood Tree Maintenance Notice.

At first I was a little perplexed. Why the heck would I need this? As a general rule, I'm not too concerned about the tree maintenance habits of other L.A. neighborhoods. But then I read it. It's hilarious.

Don't know if it's clear from the photo, but here's the best part:

"Additionally, due to the hazard of falling limbs, we ask that you clear your front yard of cars, furniture and other valuables (especially children) during the pruning operation."

Especially children?! And in parentheses?! Thanks for including them, too, City of Inglewood. Glad your first concerns were the random lawn cars and furniture set out for trash pickup. Oh yeah, and the kids should get out of the way, too.

City of Inglewood, I think someone (read: you) really needs to go to sensitivity training. Maybe there's a door notice for that too.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's hilarious!

L.A. Story said...

I know! Isn't that funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails