Monday, August 3, 2009

Yes, I took CC to a place called Stoner Park


I know, I know. As I wrote on Twitter, there's a child-services joke in there somewhere.

All inappropriate narcotics-related kidding aside, CC and I ventured over to the West Side and took a dip in this amazing pool, complete with splashy waterworks and even a twisty slide -- for 7 years and older, much to CC's dismay.

Hat tip to my friend Kirstin, who's responsible for pointing me toward the Stoner crowd. (OK, couldn't resist.)

CC had a great time despite being denied a slide ride. We must have walked under that drizzling mushroom a dozen times. And each time, she let out the loudest squeal of delight. What can I say, the baby loves getting soaked.

What's especially great about this pool is that it's very much like the beach -- without all those scary waves. You just ease into the water, which starts at only a couple of inches. So CC could at least have the illusion of minimal autonomy, instead of me holding her the entire time -- which is what I do in the still-too-deep shallow end of a regular pool.

And since it's a public facility, our total cost of admission was $2 plus a quarter for a locker. Not too shabby.

But after an hour of swimming, splashing and playing in and around fountains, it was definitely time for CC to have a nap.

She thought otherwise, however.

When I got her locked into her car seat, CC looked at me in all seriousness and said, "Ocean, please."

Uh, no.

Stoner Park Pool
1835 Stoner Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310-575-8286

4 comments:

April said...

Only in L.A...

L.A. Story said...

Ha! Ain't that the truth. :)

Ana L. Flores said...

We went...we loved it!!! Camila couldn´t stop screaming out of sheer joy. It was cold..be warned. But nice to sit out on the deck and warm up before being dragged back in to splash around.
Thanks for the tip!

L.A. Story said...

So glad Camila liked it! It really is a kids' paradise. And you're right, the water is chilly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails