Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Whoa, Momma! Blo Hits Hollywood



Debuting at the W Hotel in Hollywood on Saturday, 'Blo' blow-dry bar was sitting pretty in pink, as they introduced their new space and styles to Los Angeles fashionistas.

I had the opportunity to check out Blo, which boasts, "No cuts, no color: Just wash blow go" -- along with more than a few double entendres (Hello, buttons that say "blo me"!). For a mere $33, clients can choose from one of seven styles -- sleek & straight, the updo, big curls, just to name a few -- and walk out with amazing hair in about half an hour.

Sign. Me. Up.

My friend Yvonne (who also visited Blo) was celebrating her birthday that evening, so the timing was perfect for me to get an awesome "Red Carpet" blow out before her big shindig.

Greeted with pink champagne and mini cupcakes was a great way to start my complimentary appointment. After leafing through the hair menu, I finally settled on the "Red Carpet," described as "Smooth tresses with lots of body and gentle arcs toward the neckline. Monroe at her heartbreaking best. A must-do for cocktails or an espresso-induced shopping spree."

My stylist was enthusiastic and chatty, which was a lot of fun. It felt like such a girl's day out. In fact, I would totally recommend this place for a Girls' Night Out or Moms' Night Out event or even a bridal party. (Just fyi, while Blo doesn't provide alcohol on site, you may bring wine or Champers, and they'll provide the glasses.)

It was kind of funny watching the stylist tease my hair. I really didn't know it could do that. (I should have, however, touched up my makeup, because I kept seeing myself as some boozy '60s matron with smudged eye liner, big hair and a glass of something bubbly.)

The appointment was a lot of fun, and I really liked how great my hair looked afterward. Online site HollywoodPatch.com was on the scene, complete with video camera, and caught my awesome hair on tape.

Check out my interview in the above video!

blo W Hollywood
6250 Hollywood Blvd.
Suite 500
Hollywood, CA 90028
323-469-2569

2 comments:

YvonneinLA said...

I love it!! You were fantastic in the video! Thanks so much for letting me know about Saturday. Now I'm addicted to blo. (these blo jokes will never get old)

L.A. Story said...

Thanks so much, Yvonne! Of course. Have to spread the blo (you're right, these jokes will never get old. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails