Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wine tasting, and kids are allowed too? Awesome!

photo credit: Jessica Ritz/LA Weekly

Ever since Barnsdall Art Park kicked off its weekly wine-tasting event in partnership with Silverlake Wine earlier this summer, I've been totally jealous.

Jealous because I was convinced it was an adults-only affair, one where kids were strictly verboten. After all, there is alcohol and a large hill involved. Who knows what can happen when you put those two things together? And that's just with the adults.

Luckily, while I was feeding my Twitter addiction, I stumbled across an article in LA Weekly about this very subject.

Turns out kids are invited -- and encouraged. To some degree.

I figured it would be a waste of time -- particularly one involving Los Feliz and Silver Lake hipsters turning up their noses at us and our clunky stroller accoutrements. And I was not prepared to hear the intentionally loud whispers of people saying how annoying my child is. Especially when she's had all that wine. Kidding! Kidding! Just checking to see if you're still with me.

According to LA Weekly, Silverlake Wine co-owner Randy Clement "is thrilled." Parents looking for adult activities that don't involve hiring a babysitter are also thrilled. Some sassy singletons ... not so much.

Unfortunately, we'll have to check out the wine portion next summer.

This Saturday, Barnsdall and Silverlake Wine are doing something a little different. On Sept. 5, they'll turn the park into a beer garden and present an outdoor screening of "Swingers." (I posted a clip of the movie here.) You can just come for the beer tasting -- and ice cream sandwiches from the Coolhaus truck (Guinness Chip!) and the Let's Be Frank hot dog truck -- and skip the pic.

Tickets are $25 for the whole event and can be purchased here. The tasting is from 5:30-7:30 p.m., with the movie starting at 8 p.m.

That's so money!

And, by the way, I had to do a double-take when I saw the above photo on the LA Weekly site. From behind, the little girl in the green dress looks just like CC.

Barnsdall Art Park/Hollyhock House

4800 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe that. There's no way the hipsters want kids there.

L.A. Story said...

Ha! I don't think so, either. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails