Thursday, April 1, 2010
Coming Attraction: Easter!
When it comes to Easter in L.A., there are plenty of things for little Angeleno bunnies to do. From dyeing eggs at home to taking one of those fantabulous pics with Mr. Easter Bunny himself, there will be plenty of options to fill your basket.
Here are a few suggestions:
* Big Bunny's Spring Fling at the L.A. Zoo -- Kicking off tomorrow, April 2, and running through Easter Sunday, the Los Angeles Zoo will offer lots of fun activities for the kiddos. There will be children's musical entertainment along with bunny petting, face painting, carrot planting and bunny crafts. Kids can also get a pic with the big fuzzy guy himself (nominal fee). Free with admission. (Friday-Sunday; 10 a.m.-4 p.m.)
* Brims, Bonnets, and Chapeaux at the California African American Museum -- CAAM is celebrating Easter Sunday with some "Hatitude." Their holiday focus this year is on crowns, so their hat showcase is definitely in keeping with the theme. Men, women and children are invited to participate in the showcase. In addition, there will be dancers, singers, spoken word and surprise guest judges. And since it's a Target Sunday, everyone can visit the museum for free. (Hat tip to L.A. Parent) (Program begins at 1 p.m.)
* Bunny Bungalow at The Grove -- Have your picture taken with the Easter Bunny at the Grove through April 4. He's in the bungalow daily from 11 a.m.-7 p.m., with carrot breaks in between.
* Free Bunny pics at Citadel Outlets -- On Easter Sunday, from 1 p.m.-4 p.m., kids can get a pic with Mr. E. Bunny (bring your own camera) at the outlet center just off the 5 freeway. There will also be treats for the kiddos, coloring stations and all-day discounts at the restaurants and shops.
* Special Promotion from 20th Century Fox and MGM Home Entertainment -- After you've hunted eggs, gorged on tasty treats, had your picture taken and want to settle in with a movie, Fox and MGM have teamed to re-release DVDs such as "Alvin and the Chipmunks," "Ice Age" and "Horton Hears a Who" along with classics such as "The Black Stallion" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." On the Web site (www.MoreEasterFun.com), you can download coloring pages, purchase DVDs and enter to win a $50,000 Nest Egg. Not bad!
Whatever you do, enjoy, and Happy Easter!