Monday, October 31, 2011

Back From Fort Worth, Texas!

The famous Forth Worth Stockyards
Howdy, y'all! I'm back from my adventure in Fort Worth. My friend Barbara got married this weekend at the gorgeous Fort Worth Botanic Garden.

While I had an amazing time, I do wish Ian and CC had come with me. There's so much for families to do in this very manageable city. Fort Worth's neighbor Dallas usually gets more of the spotlight, but FW has a few hot spots of its own:

Longhorns!
* The Stockyards just north of downtown are definitely worth visiting. Every day at 11:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., cattle rustlers bring out the longhorn steers for a mini cattle drive along the main drag. They also have mechanical bull rides for kids of all ages. How funny is that?!

* The Botanic Garden is so lovely. Barbara's wedding was in the rose garden on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

* I also visited the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame. What an inspiring place for little (and big) girls.

Fort Worth also has a lively downtown life for visitors who'd rather grab cocktails instead of cattle.

1 comment:

Fort Worth Ford said...

The Stockyards is definitely a cool spot to visit in Fort Worth. It's always a good time riding the mechanical bull.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails