Monday, May 13, 2013

Why I Love Mother's Day, aka Staycations Are Totally Worth It

Hilton Anaheim
I spent Mother's Day weekend with my kiddos taking in the gorgeous view from the 12th floor of the Hilton Anaheim.

Talk about the power of a semi-staycation.

While Ian had to work (boo), CC, Will and I made the hour-and-change drive down to Orange County and enjoyed an overnight break from the normal L.A. routine.

We splurged on hamburgers and hot dogs -- catching a glimpse of a serious "Brony" while we were grabbing dinner. (Apparently, there was a convention at a nearby hotel for adult fans of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Never before has a 20-year-old man had so much in common with my daughter!)

We also watched a kid-friendly movie from the comfort of our cozy hotel beds, slept in until -- wait for it! -- 7:30 a.m., and had an amazing Mother's Day brunch, complete with a chocolate fountain, pastries and Will's first restaurant high chair.

And don't forget the special game of hide-and-seek, which is doubly fun when you're in a lovely hotel room.

Yes, this Mother's Day was incredibly special. Thank you to the Hilton Anaheim -- and, of course, my family.

CC and Will giving me the fish eye at the Hilton Anaheim Mother's Day brunch.
(Note: Media accommodations provided)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails