Monday, October 12, 2009

LA Moms Blog: A mammogram for your thoughts



Please check out my latest LA Moms Blog post, "Some family ties are wrapped in pink ribbons."

After much procrastination, I finally scheduled my first mammogram -- recommended by my ob/gyn because of my family history. I am only 34 years old, six years younger than the recommended age of 40, but my mother is a breast cancer survivor and she went through that while she was still in her 30s.

It also happens to be National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an interesting coincidence.

2 comments:

Pokie said...

And to think, you've been my BFF for 21 years and we've never talked about that. I'm sooooo glad you are going!

L.A. Story said...

Thanks! All went well, and it was negative. Yay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails