Museums across Los Angeles and Orange County this weekend -- Oct. 3 and 4 -- are taking part in the fifth annual Museum Free-for-All.
Twenty-four museums will open their doors gratis, courtesy of the Museum Marketing Roundtable, inviting weekend warriors to experience one or more of the city's (or county's, for those O.C. folks) cultural centers for free.
My only question: Should CC and I make it a Museum-apalooza, fitting in as many as we can?
While I'm thinking on that, here's the list of participating museums:
- Armory Center for the Arts - Both Days
- The Autry National Center - Sunday, October 4th ONLY
- Bowers Museum - Sunday, October 4th Only
- California African American Museum - Both Days
- California Heritage Museum - Saturday, October 3rd Only
- California Science Center - Both Days
- Craft and Folk Art Museum - Both Days
- Fowler Museum at UCLA - Both Days
- The Getty Center - Both Days
- The Getty Villa**- Both Days
- The Grammy Museum at L.A. Live - Sunday, October 4th Only
- Hammer Museum at UCLA - Sunday, October 4th Only
- Japanese American National Museum - Saturday, October 3rd Only
- Los Angeles Fire Department Museum and Memorial - Saturday, October 3rd
- The Museum of Contemporary Art,Los Angeles (MOCA) - Sunday, October 4th Only
- Museum of Latin American Art (MoLAA) - Both Days
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County - Sunday October 4th Only
- Norton Simon Museum - Sunday, October 4th Only
- Orange County Center for Contemporary Art - Both Days
- Orange County Museum of Art - Both Days
- The Paley Center for Media - Both Days
- Santa Monica Museum of Art - Saturday, October 3rd Only
- Skirball Cultural Center - Sunday, October 4th Only
- The Studio for Southern California History - Both Days
*Regular parking fees apply. General museum admission only. May not apply to ticketed exhibitions.
**Timed tickets are required. Visit www.getty.edu.